This week on the podcast, William Barr doesn’t like Mueller’s attitude when it comes to…William Barr’s lying. (How very dare he write a strongly worded letter suggesting the truth is the truth! Honestly!) And remember the days when we were finally announcing who WASN’T going to run for president? Those days were nice… Plus Elizabeth Warren has a plans for that. And a t-shirt for that. And we want that t-shirt. Come for the jokes, stay for the rants about how we have no Senate candidates anymore because everybody is running for president!
This week on BTL, how shocked were you actually to hear that Joe Biden is the latest male politician to be inappropriately touching women? Like, on a scale of 1-I’ve seen 1000 pictures of him doing this? Plus, a shocking turn in the shocking story of a shocking decision to shockingly defund a program everybody basically likes for disabled people. And also a shocking story about polls. DRAMA AHEAD!
This week on BTL…breaking news! The Mueller report is real and it’s out and humans have read it and those humans have…told us there was no collusion. BUT, despite what you’re reading, we give you some reasons to hope! Plus, we’ve got all the presidential news that’s fit to print and a reminder that all you need to do to get gun control moving is…decide to do it. Action begins with the intention to take literally any action. Stay strong out there!
This week on the podcast, we have breaking news: finally, a major billionaire has actually decides NOT to run for president! WHAT? Plus, now that ratings are what matter, the Democrats have decided to produce world’s greatest reality debate. But this was also a week that a Judge pleaded with America to remember that Paul Manafort was a great man before his decades long crime spree. It’s had ups and downs.
In Which We Discuss:
1. Bernie is really running for president, not just favorite activist hero
2. All the most boring Congressional committees have all the best hearings these days
3. Jerry Nadler is going after every document owned by every person in America. Consider yourself on notice.
4. Trump and Kim Jong-Un’s pen-pal romance has hit a rough patch
5. Donald Trump won the TV arms race by creating the most defining and fascinating two hours of television known to the modern era
6. Our latest national emergency is Luke Perry’s death
Brain Trust Live is Lila Nordstrom and Brent Thornburg's look at the week in political news. Join the millions of sirens and helicopters who love our podcast and tell your friends about BTL! Then rate us on iTunes or find us Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Stitcher, or Instagram!
In Which We Discuss:
1. How is your national emergency week going? Ours is pretty uneventful.
2. Bernie will fundraise you under the table, then casually shrug about it.
3. Tax reform is a success, because Netflix paid nothing and our taxes went up!
4. Amazon just doesn’t understand the value of a good slice of pizza.
5. Jussie Smollett and how fake news took the left.
6. From faking the news to making the news: The Sean Spicer story.
This week on the pod - good news, guys! We didn’t need a border wall anyway! Plus, there is just so much about Roger Stone you didn’t know, like how much he and his favorite back tattoo have in common! And we’ve got the 2020 updates you didn’t hear about because, well, if a tree falls… P.S. Puerto Rico is still a place that exists to everybody that isn’t Donald Trump. It’s a place that needs our help. All this plus tons more on this weeks BTL!