This week on BTL, it’s election results galore! We’ll tell you why what you’ve been reading about what they mean isn’t totally true. Also, indictments/legal entanglements/lies galore! But don’t worry, according to Giuliani, the truth is not the truth anyway so what does it matter? It was a big two weeks and we’ve got it all right here!
This week on BTL, Brent makes his triumphant return. (Remember him?!) We give the play-by-play of who’s claiming they know the play-by-play of Don Jr.’s meeting with Russian officials, discuss the Kirstjen Nielsen “triumphant” trip to Puerto Rico to thank everybody for definitely not bungling the recovery efforts, and go deep into the Netroots-fueled 2020 speculation-mania! Plus there are primaries Tuesday, and don’t worry, John Kelly’s given up completely so his facial expressions will be around for years to come.
This week on BTL, Grant Sloss, our first ever guest host, returns to the studio as this week’s special guest co-host! We talk the SCOTUS Bachelorette, Trump’s horrible behavior at the NATO meeting, the UK’s superior sense of insult-crafting, and so much more! In the midst of the world ending, some good news even sneaks it’s way in. Tune in to find out what happened and why a family of Wisconsin woodchucks are this week’s American heroes!
This week on BTL, Trump tantrums his way around the G7, dictates his way through the U.S. - North Korea summit, and rips poor desperate immigrant families apart while we obsess about the California primaries! (Whose hobby is better? We’ll let you decide.) We’ve got results from CA and the other June 5th states, as well as some ire about the poor children being torn from their parents in the name of cruelty [cough]…sorry safety (?). All that plus visiting information if you want to get some facetime with Paul Manafort while he’s in jail. We all have a few things we’d like to say to his face, right?
In Which We Discuss:
1. The government is now open, so it’s time to re-record the voicemail at the White House comment line!
2. Enjoy Tuesday’s SOTU address with a side Watergate
3. When will the world’s richest people open their arms to Trump? Apparently not at Davos.
4. As always, the best way to insure having a sexual predator on your payroll is to employ a “faith adviser”
5. Claire McCaskill looks to continue her run of being the luckiest Senate candidate in America
6. The Guggenheim sends the president their piece de resistance: a golden toilet called “America”
Brain Trust Live is Lila Nordstrom and Brent Thornburg's look at the week in political news. Join the millions of sirens and helicopters who love our podcast and tell your friends about BTL! Then rate us on iTunes or find usFacebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Stitcher, or Instagram!
This week on BTL...we're back after a long winter break, during which we had time to relax, then speed-read Fire and Fury and obsess over every last detail. We bring all that directly to your ears! Plus, 2012 is back! Bachmann, Romney, Kucinich (okay, wrong year) oh my! All that plus destructive men and their destructive buttons, Lizard Blizzards, and more!
In Which We Discuss:
1. Alabamians proved they are only 50% outright monsters
2. Net Neutrality is dead, much like the free flow of information is about to be
3. The tax bill is finally solving some vital problems for the oft-ignored zillionaire set
4. In Paul Ryan’s dystopia, corporations are people and people are cattle and cattle should start having more children to feed the corporations
5. Donald Trump thinks we believe he could ever land Kirsten Gillibrand in a million years
6. Omarosa can’t stop, wont stop being fired
Brain Trust Live is Lila Nordstrom and Brent Thornburg's look at the week in political news. Join the millions of sirens and helicopters who love our podcast and tell your friends about BTL! Then rate us on iTunes or find us Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Stitcher, or Instagram!